A Happily Married Couple Experiencing the Joys of Everyday Life

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me


Today I celebrate my 24th birthday. 24…half way to 48…a fourth of the way to 96! Although it’s hard to believe that I’m already 24, as I look back it seems like there has already been so much life packed into these years.

As I consider the past 24 years, I’m grateful for the wonderful life that God has blessed me with. I’m grateful for the incredible childhood I had with many memories, opportunities and experiences; and also for High school that proved to be a time in my life that I will never forget. Time spent with friends, slacking through classes (always doing just enough to get an A), competing in athletics, figuring out girls/dating, starting the Wreck, and so many laughs and good times. I have a lot to look back on and smile about.

In addition to those wonderful memories, the past six years since high school (I can’t believe it’s been six years) have been infinitely more amazing as these years have involved experiencing life with the love of my life, Natalie. We started dating right after I graduated from high school and we have never looked back. Together we have endured many challenges: going to college, distance dating, my parents' divorce, deaths in our families, challenges in ministry, and many other difficult times in life. We have also celebrated many more things though: our marriage, our first home, our dogs, vacations, and many ministry accomplishments. She has definitely made the past six years of my life the best ones of them all.

Finally, as I remember the past 24 years, I am most grateful to my God and to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. Apart from Him all of these years would have been for nothing. But because of Him, these years have proven to be powerful for me, and hopefully for many others as God has accomplished His work through me. I am so blessed to have been a part of serving God and His Kingdom through my involvement in Youth for Christ, the Wreck, Harvest Community Church, St. John’s Lutheran Church, Huntertown UMC, Keystone Schools, and now LaOtto Wesleyan Church. I would never have imagined that by the time I was twenty-four God would use me to reach high school friends with the message of Christ, create a Christian concert venue and coffeehouse, serve three different churches as youth pastor, oversee spiritual formation and teach Bible classes at a Christian school, and lead God’s people as a Senior Pastor. It is all to His glory and because of His grace. He has chosen me (Praise God!), saved me (Praise God!) and blessed me (Praise God!) with more than I deserve, and I acknowledge Him today as the giver of life, my life, and also the fulfiller of it. He loves me and I love Him, and I praise Him today for the life He has given me and for all that He has done to make my life a great one.

Another year is down. Hopefully so many more to come. I am one year older, one year more mature (not THAT mature though), one year more experienced. What an adventure! What a ride!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

Feliz Cumplianos Senor Tyler! We trust God will bless you with many more years especially since you are so much older than we are! KT/PT :-)

1:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home