A Happily Married Couple Experiencing the Joys of Everyday Life

Saturday, April 22, 2006

"Welcome to Notre Dame. How may I assist you?"





Today I had my first experience as an usher at Notre Dame stadium. I went to the Blue Gold game for orientation as a new usher. I'm actually not an usher yet though. Since ND is good again everyone and their mother has applied to become one. So today we had "tryouts" (I thought I was done with those a long time ago). We learned about how to be an usher and now our supervisors will give an evaluation of how we did and who we are to the chief, a guy that goes by the name "Cappy."

We really didn't do much today except watch the game (which was great with me) and watch the real ushers do their job. Not much to it. Just repeat the phrase "Welcome to Notre Dame. How may I assist you?" We also help people to their seats and make sure no one gets out of line.

When I got home tonight, I had to send an email to Cappy to plead my case for why I should be chosen. We'll see what happens. In the meantime, GO IRISH!

Above are some picture from the game. One of the pictures is of my Uncle Dave (who is already a real usher) wearing his sweet ushering garb. The other pictures are just snapshots taken during the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home