A Happily Married Couple Experiencing the Joys of Everyday Life

Monday, May 05, 2008

ND Blue Gold Game

With the risk of riots looming because we have not posted for so long, I wanted to give you an update on some of the things that have ben going on for us lately. On Saturday April 19th, I worked the Notre Dame Blue Gold Game. This is a scrimmage game that concludes the football team's spring practices. It was a great day for football...Notre Dame won of course :-)

I have included some pictures from the day below.

Joe Montana was in attendance. I took this picture outside the locker room.

At the end of the game, my cousin Jason and I were two of the ushers who got to "sweep the field." This basically means that we line up with other ushers in the south end zone and walk across the field to the north end zone. This is a picture of my foot (right) and Jason's foot (left) in the end zone.

Our view from the field waiting to sweep. It was awesome! I took some video of it as well, but have not posted it here.

This the view from where I was stationed for the day. I am usually in the lower bowl in the corner where the students sit. They are doing some construction in the lower bowl, so since no one was sitting there we all were reassigned for the day. I was pleased with my spot - middle of the field with a great view of the game!


This is a cheesy picture I took of me, my cousin Jason, my uncle Dave, and my section captain Bill. We took this because the captains were having a hard time tracking down the attendance sheets for us to sign in. By taking the picture, we had proof that we were there so that we would be eligible for our free ticket in the fall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home