A Happily Married Couple Experiencing the Joys of Everyday Life

Monday, September 11, 2006

ND vs. PSU

I ushered my first ND game on Saturday. Notre Dame beat Penn State 41-17. It was a great game for the Irish. We totally wailed on the Nittany Lions. The game wasn't even as close as the score suggests.

As far as ushering goes...I loved it! It was hectic during the first quarter as the students scrambled to find their seats. After that though it was smooth sailing. It was like being a student at ND without having to pay the high tuition or take any classes. I am so lucky to be able to do this and to be able to attend every home game for free. This week should be another good game. We play Michigan. Look for me in the student section of the stadium. I'll be wearing a yellow hat and a yellow vest. That won't help you much though as there are nearly 800-900 ushers. It will be a little like "Where's Waldo." We can call it "Where's Ward-O." Let me know if you spot me.

For the full set of photos from the day click this link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/54979519@N00/sets/72157594279561070/

GO IRISH!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

Where's Ward-o is better than where's weirdo, huh?

Congratulations on the big ND victory.

I was thinkin'...what if you made a huge scene during season's last televised home game so we could see you on the big screen???

Or maybe you could run down by the leprechaun sometime during a game and hold up a sign that says "Hi, L-dub"

7:56 AM

 
Blogger Teacher Mom said...

Glad you had a great time!

I'm LOL at Kathy's last idea! Sounds good! :o)

10:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home