A Happily Married Couple Experiencing the Joys of Everyday Life

Monday, August 25, 2008

Veg Day 8/25/08

Well today was of course Monday, which means it was our family's weekly veg day - our sabbath together that gives us a chance to rest, enjoy each other, enjoy our God and the creation He has made. We began by waking up from a great night of sleep (defined as a few good periods of sleep in between feedings without a lot of interruption). So we woke up pretty refreshed - all three of us. We vegged out for awhile and even took a short nap together on my bed as a of late - the inflatable mattress on the living room floor (as I have mentioned in other posts, we have camped out in the living room for now). 

Once we got motivated to move around, we showered up. I brought Elias in with me and Natalie washed him up. He is beginning to like the shower. Once we got around, we went to Pizza Hut and enjoyed the buffet lunch. Then it was off to Foster Park. We enjoyed a beautiful afternoon at one of our favorite parks (it was the park where I proposed to Natalie). 

After feeding Elias, we walked the trail in the park. I got to try out my new iPhone app that uses GPS to track how far and how fast we walked - it continues to blow my mind (best purchase in the recent past by far)! We took some pictures of the flowers, as well as some pictures of Elias at our favorite places in the park.

We got home and Elias slept. Natalie and I did a little house work. Then we went to eat with Natalie's parents at Casa (we had planned to grill out, but were more than happy to take them up on the offer to join them). Natalie and I ended the day with a quick drive through the Starbucks drive-through, and enjoyed the rest of our evening at home.



Elias wrapped in his towel after his shower.


Feeding Elias in the park.

One of the many beautiful pictures Natalie took.

Natalie and Elias sitting on the park bench.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful family you guys are. Blessings to you!

11:02 PM

 
Blogger the domingo tribe said...

Hey, Wards!

I found your blog through the Bakers' blog...once Ashley found me on facebook! So good to see how things are going! Congratulations on your new addition.

Amy Ley Domingo

10:22 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home