A Happily Married Couple Experiencing the Joys of Everyday Life

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

a great day in the old city...

This morning I woke up at 3:30 am (Israeli time) due to jet lag. I tried to get back to sleep, but it was hopeless. I emailed Natalie instead and we were able to get on iChat since it was only 8:30 pm back home. We talked until about 4:30 am (Israeli time). Afterward I laid down until 5:45 am and finally got to sleep around 6 am. I woke up at 7 am, showered, ate some cheerios and left with Leor to go to the Old City.

We picked up some coffee on the way and met a Canadian family of four at the Jaffa gate. They hired Leor to give them a tour of the Old City. We walked all around the city. Some of the places we visited were: Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Pool of Bethesda, Saint Anne's Church, Via Delarosa, the Western Wall, the Easter/Golden gate (we had an amazing view of the Mount of Olives, Church of All Nations, Garden of Gethsemane, Palm Sunday Road, and the Tomb of Absalom (King David's son). Leor and I enjoyed a great bread bagel as a snack, and I had some falafel for lunch. 

When we were finished, we went stopped by to meet Leor's parents. We had more coffee and some cake as well. Then we needed to pick up Keren's car, so Leor had me drive it back to his house. That was fun driving in Jerusalem. Before we went home though, we stopped by a candy shop to buy all sorts of gummies.

For dinner we had homemade sushi (thanks to Keren and Leor) - it was really good stuff. I just got on iChat with Natalie, am going to try to get some work done, and then am heading to bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home