A Happily Married Couple Experiencing the Joys of Everyday Life

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Christmas Get-Togethers

We had our normal 7 family get-togethers for Christmas this year. We started by getting together with the Spaw's (Natalie's dad's side of the family) early on Sunday December 9th. Then, we got together with my dad, Becky, Taryn, and Arin at our house on Friday 12/21. Later that night Natalie and I opened each other's gifts to each other (she needed one of the gifts that I got her to make the chocolate bark that she made the next day).

Then we got together with the Todd family (Natalie's mom's side of the family) on Sunday 12/23 after church. On Monday 12/24 we went to the Ward's (Tyler's dad's side of the family) and then headed up to my mom's to get together with her and Greg. We finished up our Christmas Eve with a special service at church.

On Christmas day we went to Natalie's parents' for brunch and gifts. Then we went to the Nelson's (Tyler's mom's side of the family) for lunch and gifts. Finally, we ended the day with games and fun back at Natalie's parents' house.


Dad and my uncle Wayne (dad's brother) at the Ward's.


Playing cards at the Ward's.


Opening our new toaster oven from John and Mary.


Group picture at the Todd's.


Opening cologne from Natalie.


One of the fake gifts I gave Natalie to throw her off. I got her a bigger gift this year that I didn't want her to suspect, so I put a few fake gifts under the tree to make her think she got a bunch of smaller gifts rather than a few big gifts. It worked like a charm!


Natalie holding the calendar of me that I made for her.


Becky opening one of her gifts from us.


Natalie fighting with Taryn over the gift dad got her.


One of the shirts that dad got me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home